iTunes - converting from Music to BooksPublished: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:02:07 GMT
So, you have ripped an audiobook from CD and imported it into iTunes, but it's showing up as an album in amongst your music - how do you move it into the books section?
The problem with having them amongst your music is that your iPod doesn't necessarily remember where in the track you were - this means that you end up listening to the first part of the file again if you take a break from the book.
Luckily, the solution is simple.
- Open iTunes and, in the music section, highlight all the files which make up your book.
- Right-click (ctrl-click on Mac) one of the highlighted files and choose 'Get Info'
- Choose 'Yes' when it asks if you want to get information for multiple items
- In the 'Info' tab, choose an appropriate genre - maybe 'Audiobook', or 'Nonfiction'
- Click the 'Options' tab and make these changes:
- Media kind: Audiobook
- Remember position: Yes
- Skip when shuffling: Yes
- Gapless album: Yes
- Click 'OK' and wait for iTunes to process all the files Your book will now show up under the Books section of iTunes - Sync your iPod and everything should be as you want it.